Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010

Well, another day Isaiah decided it was time to get up at eight thirty. I think this is going to be our new routine... it's not such a bad thing, I suppose, its just I am NOT a morning person at all. I am, however, more productive when I'm up at that time of day... But I don't know if its so much a matter of me being productive as it is the "nesting" period of my pregnancy has hit full force. In the last week I have washed my kitchen floor 5 times, and vacuumed once to twice a day. I have baked and cooked like crazy. There isn't a dish in sight that hasn't been washed, dried and put away. All the laundry is done and I have changed the sheets twice this week... I'm sounding just a little Obsessive Compulsive! This HAS to be a pregnancy thing... I like my house clean, but I'm not usually THIS caught up. LoL.

Other than that, not a terribly exciting day, besides my usual cleaning regime. One of my girlfriends came over, she has a daughter who is three and she and Isaiah LOVE playing together. I think Isaiah is quite taken with her. He follows her everywhere she goes and cries when she leaves. It's quite cute. His first friend. ... wow time flies.

Remember when he looked like this? So much has changed since then! Now he runs around with the other kids and yells and makes "boy" noises.. I'm definitely not ready for it! He's not my baby anymore, he's a toddler. It's official. He walks, babbles, has all his teeth but one (and still needs his 2 yr. molars), eats almost all solid food (things like raw carrots are still an issue), throws temper tantrums (he's not so cute during those, but they're becoming less frequent as he's learning he doesn't like the result of a temper tantrum), he does as he's told (within reason), he wears anything from 18 mo. to size 2, he gives hugs and kisses when asked, he says "more" "All done" "thank you" and "I love you" in sign language and he is completely weened off formula.... I think its time to face the fact that he's just not a baby anymore...
I mean, I know I was told it would go quickly, but did it really have to go this quickly? When I sit back and think about how much he's changed in the last year and a half I'm astounded (How do ya'll do it? Your babies have babies!) and a little sad. Yes, each new stage comes with its own new exciting developments (and its new challenges) and I wouldn't go back to the old stages, but its hard not to feel like its flying by and if I blink I might miss something! I mean, I remember being just a little bit older than Isaiah... my first memory I was two... it doesn't feel that long ago! I remember it like it was yesterday... how very strange to have a son who is reaching an age where he might remember it twenty-five years from now! ... anyway, my goodness, I'm rambling! How on earth did I get to this? lol..

Moving on! Isaiah had a nice afternoon playing with his friend Odessa. They are good buds. Garren was also home early from work today, which was nice cause he hasn't been home in a couple days and Isaiah has missed him like crazy. Isaiah is just not his usual chipper self when Garren is gone for longer than a day. He definitely misses his Daddy. He wanders around the house saying "da da da da da" and then when he hears Garren's voice, or see's him getting out of his truck he is all squeals and shrieks. I can't take Isaiah with me if I'm taking Garren back to his truck, poor little man cries his little eyes out. We try to have Isaiah in bed if I have to take Garren back to his truck, that way Daddy puts him to bed, and its not so hard on him.

Today, at the grocery store, I forgot my points card, so Garren went back to the house to get it (we only live about a five minute drive from the store) and Isaiah spent the entire time he was gone calling him! I had to remind Isaiah quite a few times that we were using our "inside voice".. it was so cute to see him looking around the store calling out "DA!" ... "DA?"... "DADA!"...

Other than that... a rather quiet evening. Isaiah tried Ribs for supper this evening. He wasn't sure how he felt about them at first, and refused to eat them, but when he realized his options were dinner or bed, he thought twice about his original assessment and had ribs, potato salad and asparagus. He LOVES asparagus. (I have an odd son, there are almost no vegetables he doesn't like, he gets picky about fruit!)

Anyway, its late and I have to drive Garren to his truck in four hours, I think tomorrow will be a LONG day..

Love you all, perhaps I'll have some fun things to write soon... though, if my life continues to consist of cleaning, I doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment