Monday, July 5, 2010

A beginning for blogging..

Hey everyone. I thought that since we're so disconnected from everyone and nobody ever really knows what's going on in our lives I would start a blog. I know that I am not the most consistent when it comes to writing, but I'll try to keep this updated so ya'll know what's current in our family and there's no "oh I didn't tell you?" moments. Besides, its a nice way for you to see the kids progress, I know I don't get time to post photos on facebook, though my new iPhone helps with that (thanks sweetie). So here it goes....

Sunday, July 4, 2010

I can't say that anything particularly interesting is going on at the moment. Isaiah slept through the night last night, first night all week due to the immunizations he had, and so I got a great night's sleep as well. Actually it hasn't been Isaiah keeping me up at night lately... it's been his energetic little sister. I do vaguely remember going through the insomnia when I was pregnant with Isaiah, but its just as unpleasant this time as it was the last! However, we both got a good night's sleep last night so we were both in much better moods than we have been lately.

It being Sunday I got up earlier than usual and started getting ready for church. Garren, Isaiah and I have just recently started attending church again. We'd been on a bit of a break, as the church I attended for most of my life has become more of a gossip group than what I was wanting from a church. Don't get me wrong, the pastoral staff and the ministry team there are awesome people and I LOVE the head pastor there dearly, but unfortunately it had just become a place I no longer felt welcome. Sad what gossip does in a church. Regardless, Garren, Isaiah and I started going to Southgate Church about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I attended there briefly (maybe a year or so) about 4 or 5 years ago and really liked the head Pastor there. He is very real and definitely keeps the congregation engaged while teaching on awesome principals while never forgetting that his main focus should be God. I definitely love this church. Its a nice place where Garren and I feel very welcome and quite at home. Already I have a couple who come up and say hello every Sunday (and even remember our names!) ... they have a little boy named Isaiah who is about 5 weeks old - totally adorable! something about that name..

Anyway, I digress... I got up and started getting ready for church. I have to say, its more difficult now that Isaiah is nearly completely weened off formula... getting up and making breakfast while getting ready for church is quite the challenge. I am NOT the multitasker I aspire to be. Typically on a Sunday morning Garren can help me, but he had to drive last night, so I picked him up from his truck, brought a change of clothes, and we went straight to church from there.

After church we came home and poor Isaiah was just beat. He's not a morning person, so Sundays are just as hard on him as they are on Garren and I. (what can I say? We're not a morning family) ... so after a good long cry on the way home he went straight to bed.

Sunday being the day Isaiah goes out for the afternoon it was a mad rush to wake him up from his nap (poor boy) and get him changed, fed and out the door... all in a span of fifteen minutes! (Yep, Garren and I are just THAT good ;)

The rest of the afternoon was relatively uneventful. I worked on some school work. I'm finally back at my Medical Transcriptionist course after taking several months off. I've hit an assignment I'm not too terribly thrilled about, but I should have it done in no time if I keep up the pace I've been going.

Garren sent some trips into the company (don't you just LOVE paperwork?) as, once again, the machine at work is broken... (gotta love how the company is in NO rush to fix the machine that aids in the drivers getting paid!) Anyway... he sent that in, and then unfortunately had to go to work. He didn't have the day off, but does usually try to rearrange his schedule so he can be home on Sunday morning/afternoons. Quite often he doesn't have to leave till early the next morning, but today he was off to work at 3:30pm. After driving him to his truck twice (well done on leaving your keys at home sweetheart) it was time to go back home and wait a few minutes until Isaiah came home.

Poor Isaiah was SO tired. He only had a half hour nap and the events of Sunday afternoons leave him absolutely tuckered out. He slept for an hour or so then was up running until about nine thirty (two and a half hours after bedtime, but Sundays have their own schedule). I discovered this evening that Isaiah LOVES Indian food. Apparently spice is not an issue for him (I am NOT looking forward to that diaper)..

But that is pretty much it. I put Isaiah to bed, and he went down without a fight.. odd for a Sunday, but definitely nice for momma!

He's getting to be such a big boy now. Once I figured out he needed a night light in his room, bedtime became so much easier! Now every evening I say, "Alright big boy, its bedtime now." He runs over, puts his little hand in mine and we walk to his room. Once inside he closes the door while I get his bed ready and make sure to find his teddy bear, blankie, soother and bottle of water. Then he reaches up and waits for me to tuck him in, say prayers, tell him mommy and daddy love him (if Garren is home he's part of the routine as well - Isaiah definitely sleeps better if its both of us putting him down) and that Mommy will come get him in the morning, but its time for sleep now... Then I leave and (if he's not teething or sick) he'll chat to his teddy for a little while and the off to sleep...

So now my little man is all tucked in and sleeping soundly.. and I think I'll end this blog here... I'm sure there's more to say, I hope I didn't bore you to tears. We don't have a terribly exciting life, but we do have one, so I thought I'd write it down!

We love you all! I'll try to keep this updated!

Maegen

No comments:

Post a Comment