Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's been a while

Wow, I can't believe its February already! Where did the time go? I was sitting watching my daughter the other day, checking to see if her hair has grown AT ALL (its going too slow for my liking, I'm itching to put pigtails in her hair!!) ... anyway, the thought suddenly occurred to me.... she's FIVE months old this month! HOW did that happen? I blinked! I missed it! I don't know how my baby girl is five months old! ... She's got both her middle bottom teeth.. her hair is an eighth of an inch long (and yes, its still red) and she's rolling over from back to tummy and from tummy to back... I'm grateful she's not crawling yet...

So much happening. She's getting chubbier and I'm loving the chubby cheeks and baby thighs. There is nothing cuter than a chubby baby!! I am in love!! So that's the Lydia update.

Isaiah is two this month.. once again, I blinked somewhere in there.. it just went by too fast. I'm working on planning his second birthday, nothing fancy, just family this year (or friend's that the kid's will grow up to call "auntie" and "uncle" so practically family).. I am not going to go overboard and have a bunch of his toddler friends over.. I'll wait till next year or the year after that to start the actual birthday "parties"... I don't see the point at this age, it sounds like a headache... besides, I'll still have 17 people at his birthday.. and that's quite enough. So this year's cake is going to be either a John Deere Tractor OR a replica of his John Deere Semi truck and trailer.. I don't know which, I gave Mandi the toys so she could make her choice... and the present theme (besides the obvious, clothes and such) is Hot Wheels, Coloring, and Magnets... three of his favorite things.. oh and a kids Praise and Worship CD for the car. He LOVES dancing around the livingroom to his cassettes. My li'l charmer.

As for Garren and I. Have I mentioned lately how much I love that man? Even after 2.5 years I still catch myself shaking my head and pinching myself when I realize WHO I'm married to. I mean, come on... I've known him for 14 years this year! And to realize I got to marry the boy that I BEGGED God to let me have, night after night after night, when I was young... I still get goosebumps when I think about it. After communication that was on again and off again, the rivers of tears I'd cry when we'd stop talking for long periods of time.. the anxiety I'd have worrying that I'd be caught making phone calls I wasn't supposed to be making... and then, after all that, he's my husband. Now granted, we're not perfect... we had a lot of growing up to do in a short period of time after we got married... cause while I'm the girl he fell for and he's the boy I fell for... neither one of us are the children we once were. Unfortunately we're both adults with real adult issues... (so where IS the rent coming from this month anyway? lol) ... but you know.. whenever I get to spend any real amount of time with him, I realize just how fortunate we are.. we make each other laugh, even on bad days... we might press one another's buttons like nobody else can, but we also know each other's soft spots and can make up for button pressing and remind ourselves why it is we fell in love in the first place.

WOW I got on a roll... anyway, an update on US... we all had the flu (except Lydia).. Isaiah started it, then I got it, then Garren finished it up for us. But before Garren got the flu we got an entire weekend together. Sounds like nothing, but for a couple who are used to seeing one another MAYBE once a week, an entire weekend is unheard of. Garren was able to come home Friday night, most of Saturday, all of Sunday.. and Monday he had the flu so was home... and then back to work Tuesday... So, he won't be home tonight, and probably not tomorrow.. I don't actually know when. I know he's talking about taking Isaiah's birthday off... but his dispatcher IS the biggest douche bag I've ever heard of, so we'll see how that goes. However, Garren is looking at other jobs... we just can't keep doing this. We really need him to have a job where he can get home every night. Its taking its toll. Garren can't keep living like this, its too hard on him not being able to come home. It was different before he had a family, but it kills me to watch the sadness in his eyes when he realizes just how much of the kids' lives he is missing. I want him to be here to watch them grow up. Not only that, I want him to be here so we can enjoy our marriage. I feel like it was such a gift, but that its getting snatched away from us because of one twenty-four year old punk who likes to call himself "The Boss"... its one thing to be away and KNOW you have hometime to make up for it.. but when you have to beg, borrow and steal your time home, there's a problem. I don't know why the company has not chosen to do anything about this, but it is an issue (and not just for Garren either)...

Anyway, I just thought I'd post a quick update. I'll try and have updates after Isaiah's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment